07 May 2004

Pathetic Phallusy


      Today's example of overheated, unnecessary and utterly platitudinous rhetoric is brought to you by the Minnesota Daily, and will likely engender fits of eye-rolling and indignant snickering. Here's an introductory morsel of some of the lamest ironical-posturing I've read in ages:
Well, silly me! I am not supposed to dress for my own comfort; I am supposed to dress for the penis. Not any penis, mind you, but one that is the authority on what women can and cannot wear, particularly when it comes to clothing that reveals the female figure. That’s right; it is my responsibility, as part of the opposite sex, to dress to entertain the penis, as that obviously is my only source of pleasure in life.
Oh, isn't this young woman's whinge moving? Excuse me, I need to evacuate my stomach now, the butterflies in it so stirred by this lugubrious lament of oppression. As my one-year old cousin might say, "Wennnnnnnnnhhhh!"

No comments:

Blog Archive