17 May 2004

How Does This Ghraib Ya?


      Sy (Seymour) Hersh-- the journalist famous for uncovering the ugly details behind the My Lai massacre all those decades ago-- has the second and third installments of his New Yorker probe on the Iraqi prisoner-abuse scandal, now dubbed by some as "Interro-Gate." (I have to admit, that's clever, and I wish I'd thought of it first. Dag-nabbit!) Hersh is one of those journalists whose record is relatively untarnished; he's generally regarded as being more credible than Bob Woodward, though nothing he's done has had quite the magnitude of the Watergate scandal, though the My Lai coverage very much changed much of the accepted notions of American involvement in Vietnam. It'll be interesting to see if Rummy can survive these volleys. For the first installment, click here.

Blog Archive