05 September 2004

Those Dark, Satanic Mills

      This looks promising, especially considering that most of the published material has been less than, er, Enlightening.   If memory serves (and it very often doesn't), Mills wrote a decent piece on Morrison's aural poetry some years ago that was published in the journal Popular Music.   Chances are, I have the blasted thing in xeroxed form somewhere in the reams and reams of material I've gathered over the years. (Now that I think of it, I may have referred to it in an article I wrote just after Morrison was first included The Oxford Companion to Irish Literature. It was a very naive piece-- mine, that is-- in retrospect, but, hey, I was savagely young then, impossible as that may be to fathom.)

      FOOTNOTE: I was right-- but the date seems off. Though the official date cited is 1997, I referred to the article in a 1996 article. Go figure, even though it's not in the least uncommon for journals and magazines to publish well-ahead of their issue-period.

No comments:

Blog Archive