19 April 2004

The Apocryphal Shakespeare?


      This list just boggles the mind. I am so glad it's not in my purview to have to deal with such historical conundra. I'd probably end up like Lear rending my clothes and howling at the sky. The Keatsians and Sidneyans and Rimbaldians are lucky in this regard: the short lifespans of the writers keeps relatively the minimal the amount of available material to wade through, as complicated as their lives may be. Shakespeare, Dickens, Tolstoy, Yeats, Graham Greene: those guys would be nothing less than nightmares for completists. This blog, however, would like to affirm its conviction that what the academy needs right now is to live through a good revision of the Ern Malley story. Hey, Woj, sound like a project for us? Sure, it would mean going through a bunch of postmodern junk-poetry, but it'd be fun, oh, so much fun.

      Yes, I am evil, but harmlessly so. Moreorless, anyway.... ;-)

No comments:

Blog Archive