27 April 2004

A Premature Extenuation


      G'morning everyone. Don't know how much I'm going to be able to post in the next few days, as there's been a death in the family, and it remains uncertain how much things are going to be shot out of whack. The passage-- of my uncle's mother, so my, well, I dunno-- isn't overly affecting to me personally, but it does effect people close to me, and you can all surmise what that means. It looks like tomorrow, Doctor J will be on babysitting duty, taking care of at least two, and perhaps four, of his cousins, all of them boys and none of them over the age of six. One of these kids is Nathan, a little five year-old tornado of energy who just loves Doctor J; when I'm around, it's like no one else is around and I'm just a human jungle-jim for him. I always find it a little odd that he's so ecstatic when he sees me, because it's a kind of 'over-the-top' happiness on his part, as if he's been re-united with a kindred spirit or something. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, Doctor J is really just a big ole softie, get it out of your freakin' systems, people. Grrr, arrrgh. The long and the short of this, though, is that I don't know if I'll be posting much, if anything, for the next little bit, so my apologies in advance. But, who knows, there may prove to be more time than I can currently foresee. Then again, knowing Nathan, I may simply be too damned exhausted to write anything for the next few days. *sigh* Everytime I see Nathan and I watch him bound about I wonder if I ever used to have that much energy, and it stuns me to think that, at one time, at his stage of the game, I probably did. Sad, isn't it, life's declensions? Oh, I want to be that energetic again....

No comments:

Blog Archive