19 December 2004
The Lost Weekend
My apologies to those of you that have been waiting for answers to your emails, but early Saturday morning I found myself sick as a dog-- yes, that old cliché again-- and wound up spending most of Saturday trying to recover. Even now, I'm only slowly getting back to normal, and it's a bit of small trial even bothering to write this entry. Don't worry, I'll spare all of you the gory details, but let's just say that I haven't come down with anything this flooring in years, such that I slept through most of Saturday, even though I kept waking up every hour or so. Thoroughly and grotesquely unpleasant, this thing's laid me up pretty badly, and I suspect I may not be back to normal by the end of the day-- and who even knows about tomorrow. So, please bear with me, and hopefully I can fight this thing off, whatever it is, as quickly as possible. Cheers and best everyone.
- ► 2007 (209)
- ► 2006 (178)
- ► 2005 (380)
- Happy New Year, Everyone
- ~~ Oh, Oh, Domino.... ~~
- Puss In Box
- A Spectacular Lack Of Creativity...
- Susan Sontag Dead At 71
- "Honestly, It's Just So High Up There..."
- The Obligatory Post-Christmas Entry
- Absence Makes The Heart Grow Something-Or-Other
- Meeting The Breadth Requirement
- "It Trips Dishonestly Off The Tongue"
- So What Do You Want For Christmas?
- The Best Laid Schemes O' Mice An' Men
- "What Do Women Want?"
- We Know, We Saw The Video....
- A Titter From A Bitter Critter
- Lowered Exultations
- The Madness of King George
- A Surprise In Every Box
- The Lost Weekend
- Taking It All In
- A Portrait Of The Doctor As An Old Man?
- Big Brother And Its Champion
- Yup, He Really Said It
- The Wisdom Of Solomon
- Today's Public Service Link
- Let's See The Flop....
- Dulce Et Decorum Est
- From The "What To Do With Useless Former Prime Min...
- And The "Disturbing Father Of The Year" Award Goes...
- The Fuller Brush Girl
- Cbeckois Agitations
- Most Isn't Good Enough, We Have To Have It All! W...
- Snap, Crack Ho, Pop
- Not So Smart-- And Proud Of It
- When Lilacs Last In The Dead Land Bloom'd
- Careless Blisters
- More Exercises In Bad Writing
- Exodus 7:19-20, Hoser-Style, or Cotton Mathe...
- Coming To A Box Near You
- "A Little Pleasure Dome If I've Ever Seen One"
- All That Bijjibajjazza
- Terror, In A Handful Of Words
- Masters of Allusion
- Filthy, Filthy Lucre
- My Tongue Gets Around
- Hamburger Hill
- Lapses of Zanity
- ~~ But I Don't Want To....
- ~~ Simply The Best ~~ (Better Than All The Res...
- Once More Unto The Streets
- ~~ De Dude Dude Dude, He's Daft Daft Daft ~~ ...
- The Unbearable Lightness Of Buehring, or A L...
- ~~ I Believe In Myrrhacles ~~ (You Sexy Thang, Y...
- Getting The Wrinkles Out
- Yo Adrian!
- Because, Believe It Or Not, People Keep Asking
- From Blind Air, From Complete Eclipse
- Run For Cover, Lads!
- The Limburger Babies
- "Our Strength, Hope and Joy"
- The Second Coming
- And So It Begins....
- Absurd Headline Of The Day
- The Holy Grail (Of Canned Meats)
- A Transport Of Cordiality
- Like A Complete Unknown
- The Searchers
- ~~ Get A Little Bit.... ~~ (Don't Be Shy)
- It's A Hard Knock Life...
- A Cautionary Tale On Giving Up
- Once A Day And Twice On Sundays
- You've Got To Be Kidding Me....
- Hooker In The Mornin'
- Take Me Out To The Ball Game
- German Sausage
- One Shrimp,Two Shrimp
- Tender Mercies
- Canada's Chronicler
- ▼ December (80)