For all my wine loving friends, Wal-Mart will have its own wine... Some Wal-Mart customers soon will be able to sample a new discount item: Wal-Mart's own brand of wine. The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with E&J Gallo Winery of Modesto, California, to produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $2-$5 range. While wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart brand wine into their shopping carts, there is a market for cheap wine, said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I. She said: "The right name is important." So, here we go: The top 13 suggested names for Wal-Mart Wine:Coming next, Canadian Tire Whisky, perfect for that dinner of catfish dragged from the muddy bottom of the Grand River.13. Chateau Traileur Parc
12. White Trashfindel
11. Big Red Gulp
10. Grape Expectations
9. Domaine Wal-mart "Merde du Pays"
7. Chef Boyardeaux
6. Peanut Noir
5. Chateau des Moines
4. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
3. World Championship Riesling
2. Sam's Shiraz
And the number 1 name for Wal-mart Wine...1. Nasti Spumante
The beauty of Wal-mart wine is that it can be served with both white meat (Possum) and red meat (squirrel).
14 December 2004
Coming To A Box Near You
This came in from RK yesterday via email, and I got a kick out of it:
- ► 2007 (209)
- ► 2006 (178)
- ► 2005 (380)
- Happy New Year, Everyone
- ~~ Oh, Oh, Domino.... ~~
- Puss In Box
- A Spectacular Lack Of Creativity...
- Susan Sontag Dead At 71
- "Honestly, It's Just So High Up There..."
- The Obligatory Post-Christmas Entry
- Absence Makes The Heart Grow Something-Or-Other
- Meeting The Breadth Requirement
- "It Trips Dishonestly Off The Tongue"
- So What Do You Want For Christmas?
- The Best Laid Schemes O' Mice An' Men
- "What Do Women Want?"
- We Know, We Saw The Video....
- A Titter From A Bitter Critter
- Lowered Exultations
- The Madness of King George
- A Surprise In Every Box
- The Lost Weekend
- Taking It All In
- A Portrait Of The Doctor As An Old Man?
- Big Brother And Its Champion
- Yup, He Really Said It
- The Wisdom Of Solomon
- Today's Public Service Link
- Let's See The Flop....
- Dulce Et Decorum Est
- From The "What To Do With Useless Former Prime Min...
- And The "Disturbing Father Of The Year" Award Goes...
- The Fuller Brush Girl
- Cbeckois Agitations
- Most Isn't Good Enough, We Have To Have It All! W...
- Snap, Crack Ho, Pop
- Not So Smart-- And Proud Of It
- When Lilacs Last In The Dead Land Bloom'd
- Careless Blisters
- More Exercises In Bad Writing
- Exodus 7:19-20, Hoser-Style, or Cotton Mathe...
- Coming To A Box Near You
- "A Little Pleasure Dome If I've Ever Seen One"
- All That Bijjibajjazza
- Terror, In A Handful Of Words
- Masters of Allusion
- Filthy, Filthy Lucre
- My Tongue Gets Around
- Hamburger Hill
- Lapses of Zanity
- ~~ But I Don't Want To....
- ~~ Simply The Best ~~ (Better Than All The Res...
- Once More Unto The Streets
- ~~ De Dude Dude Dude, He's Daft Daft Daft ~~ ...
- The Unbearable Lightness Of Buehring, or A L...
- ~~ I Believe In Myrrhacles ~~ (You Sexy Thang, Y...
- Getting The Wrinkles Out
- Yo Adrian!
- Because, Believe It Or Not, People Keep Asking
- From Blind Air, From Complete Eclipse
- Run For Cover, Lads!
- The Limburger Babies
- "Our Strength, Hope and Joy"
- The Second Coming
- And So It Begins....
- Absurd Headline Of The Day
- The Holy Grail (Of Canned Meats)
- A Transport Of Cordiality
- Like A Complete Unknown
- The Searchers
- ~~ Get A Little Bit.... ~~ (Don't Be Shy)
- It's A Hard Knock Life...
- A Cautionary Tale On Giving Up
- Once A Day And Twice On Sundays
- You've Got To Be Kidding Me....
- Hooker In The Mornin'
- Take Me Out To The Ball Game
- German Sausage
- One Shrimp,Two Shrimp
- Tender Mercies
- Canada's Chronicler
- ▼ December (80)