23 June 2004

The Buddy System

      From the (Very, Very Spam) Mail Bag this morning:

One of your buddies hooked you up on a blind date with another buddy.

Go here to accept the invitation: Accept this invitation

The FREE dating web site
CREATED BY WOMEN           [Ed: evidently this is supposed to make us think it's genuine. HA!]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go here if you do not wish to be invited again: I am not seeking anyone

Or send postal mail to:
Carnegie Sun, LTD
2135A des Laurentides Blvd, Suite 10057
Laval QC H7M 4M2
Canada
Buddies?!?!?!? A blind date with "another buddy"?!?!?!?!   Ooooh, I'm all a-titter...    This just sounds horribly creepy. Yeah, folks, even if I bought that this was genuine for something more than a nanosecond, I'd just be dying to go out with another BUDDY.   

      Spam, spam, spam:  it's enough to make me reconsider my stance on the death penalty.... This one's even creepier because it asked for a receipt notice (yeah, right, like I'm that abominably stupid!) and so trying to track its recipients.   Insidious, absolutely insidious.   It frightens me a bit to think how many people, Mrs and Misses Lonelyhearts, might get suckered into this.   Actually, it's not just frightening; it's kinda depressing, too.



INTERESTING FACT:    This site has just reached a curious number in its hit count: 6969. How appropriate.

No comments:

Blog Archive