23 June 2004

Sorry, But....

      There's so much about this article that is right. There's also so much about it that is, at the very least, naïve.   If I didn't have other matters on my plate at the moment, I'd try to remedy the confusion and paint a nuanced response.   The problems here are not that far removed than the ones I cited in the Hitchens-Moore conundrum: the provided responses, on both sides, just don't fit the bill, and neither makes much sense when taken in totality. Actually, like nonsense poetry, it uses sense to defeat sense, rather like the snake eating its own tail. If I remember to come back to this when I return from the States, I will. It will, however, if I do come back to it, be as long and involved as a Henry James novel, so be forewarned. Let's simply hope I forget.

No comments:

Blog Archive