30 June 2004

Words Strain, Crack And Now Collapse

      Good morning, people. As some of you who have been dropping by in the wee hours have noticed, I've been playing around with this blog, trying -- alone with my technologically ignorant self-- to fix a problem I've found pressing for some time. What is it?, you might ask. Well...

      With some posts becoming very, very, very lengthy indeed, I've finally (after much frustration) found a way to make this blog collapse and expand comments. Because of the limitations of Blogger (and/or because there's nobody around to give me easy answers), what you're getting is this. Unfortunately, the collapse and expand link doesn't move as I'd wish it would, but right now I'm even counting my blessings this is working. According to Blogger, there's no way to do this simply with specific posts. Evidently, that's not entirely true. But it's taken a fair bit of experimentation and jiggering on my part just to get things where they now are.

      (For those of you that don't know, and you missed my point above, I know jack-shit about JavaScript.)

      Please, BTW, if you're unable to read the extended comments let me know.

      But in the meantime, let's hope this will be my little, slightly-workable way of condensing matters on this blog. Er, well, we can hope. Unfortunately the current manner means I'll have to do most of the coding on an entry-by-entry basis, but, well, we shall see if I can figure out something more sophistemacated latster. You have to click on the "Well..." link to close it back up (or "Rave on" or "Read on" or whatever I use in an individual post), as I'm sure most of you have already surmised. Ah, well. It's a slight improvement, anyway. Cheers.



      So, what'd ya think? ;-)

No comments:

Blog Archive