23 June 2004

Surrender The Pink

      Alright, alright, alright--- since some people (*ahemmmm*) seem to like riding me for the current template (which, I assure you, still doesn't look the way it was supposed to look, but I couldn't get it to work as I had planned it... Grrrr....), I'm throwing out a few options for you to consider.   Some small changes have been made to the basic detail in each one, but they are, where they have been implemented, more preliminary than "fixed."    Let me know what you think about any or all of these options listed below.   And if any of you can come up with anything better, you're of course welcome to try....    Let me simply say this: now do you wonder why I stick to blacks and blues and browns in real life?   I'm typically male in this regard, and, as such, I'd make a terrible, terrible addition to the cast of Will & Grace.

      Here are the options:

A few brief comments.    The first two are ostensibly clearer and simpler, but they're also much more typical, and I've always preferred to put my own particular stamp on thighs things, no matter how much I'm eventually mocked for them.   The other two, like the current one, are less-typical and both are based on images of Ireland, though the Stone Dawn doesn't look anywhere near right unless you look at it in full-screen mode. These two are also much more complicated. There are a lot more difficulties in colour-matching (note: colour with a U) and there are a lot more 'affective' matters (placement of the Google banner, colour shifts within the image, etc.). They also make finding colour schemes more difficult, particularly in terms of readability.   So, who knows.   I sure as hell don't, especially considering that this sort of thing is-- as you have seen and snickered about-- not my forte.   (Tangential thought: do I have a forte anymore? I'm not so sure.)    I have to confess to being at a frigging loss as far as all this is concerned....

      So, have at it.  Offer your wisdom, dear readers.   Even feel free to defend the current template when all is said and done (one I gave a go at someone else's encouragement, and which some have liked).   The real trick with this sort of thing is finding an appropriate mood for such a thing.   It's been said that the current template is less cranky (and more 'dawnish') than the old one, and thus this template may indeed be more than a bit like false advertising.   So, there's the mustard of it all.

      One (only) thing in my own defence: at least I'm not just clinging to a pre-manufactured design.   There's something rather blasé and indistinct, at least to my mind, about sites that haven't been designed from the ground up-- and thus reflect the whims and personality of the owner.   Ya gots ta do it yerself and ya gots ta do it in yer own way, the folksy wisdom goes.   There's truth in that, methinks.   Even if it means making a bloody, bleepin' fool of yourself now and again.   Or, in my case, with astonishing regularity.   *shrug*   (Hey, at least I'm consistent.    )

      (And, btw, if you don't understand the secondary meaning of the title of this entry, you simply aren't perverted enough.   )

No comments:

Blog Archive