10 September 2003

Short, But Extremely Fatigued, Comment


Well, it looks like everything I imagined is going to come true. I truly am in Hell. The problem isn't the kids: after an initial meeting (as much as one can tell from a first meeting), the kids seem fine. But I already went through the 'bite-my-lip-till-it-bleeds' bit today, and things look like they're only going to get worse. Ugh.

On the flip side, managed to spend some time today with a few people who helped raise my spirits a bit, especially the once-Chair of the department who said some things that were indeed enlightening, and others which suggest explanations for a great deal. It remains true: sometimes, one learns more over a few casual beers than over years of 'being there.' Go figure.

It's been an unbearably long day. Why do I do this? Why do I think I must?

No comments:

Blog Archive