07 September 2003

The Return To Hell


Great. Tuesday I have to return to the university to face another year of bull-shite. However positive a spin I try to put on things, the long and the short of it is this: I am returning to Hell. Beyond teaching in a course that looks like it will be a misery on its own, I have to deal with a frustrating department and and I have to do so with the support of my old local haunt, which has sadly been shut down in favour of some sort of lounge/study area. I guess I'll have to settle back into da Bull, or some equally uncomfortable place I've avoided over the years. Worse, I have to do it without some of my oldest compatriots to whom to bitch and otherwise vent my frustrations, including RK who's luckily on sabbatical. Grumble, grumble, grumble. Once you think you're out, they pull you back in.

Maybe this year I'll live up to (or down to?) some of my more mis-gotten monikers. Ensconce myself, as RK has put it, in a field of young houris. ;-) Natch, my reputation is tarnished enough as it is. I must behave this year, I must behave this year, I must behave this year. And if I tell myself this enough times, maybe it'll happen. *Shrug* We shall see.

No comments:

Blog Archive