20 September 2003

Back On Down The Road


Yeah! A rare pleasant surprise! Discovered a small case of compact discs that I feared had disappeared forever some time ago, discs that I very much missed, including Van Morrison's Down The Road, his lovely evocative album from 2002. As I write this entry I'm listening to it again for the first time in what seems a dog's age, and it brings back some wistful memories I'll not explain here. It also makes me wonder how someone is doing, not particularly in the romantic sense, but in the sense of reflecting on times passed and gone and at least in part missed. More often than not, it's better to remember the beauty of the days gone by than the blemishes.

It's amazing how helpful music can be in helping one do that, not beating an antique drum but appreciating the life of significant soil.

Slainte. 'And keep me young as I grow old...'

No comments:

Blog Archive