07 September 2003

Bits and Pieces


The funniest thing about this article is that the Kansas City Star labels it "Breaking News." 'The little dog would laugh to see such sport,' I'm sure-- especially on asphalt.

Why does this article remind me of the Mel Brooks movie High Anxiety? "Here's your paper! Here's your paper! Here's your paper!" *Shudder*

~~"Okay, I don't make films / But if I did they'd have a samurai."~~ Where is Toshiro Mifune when you need him?

Just reading this article makes me want to gag. The worst part, perhaps, is that he topped it off with a few pints of Guinness. I imagine poor little Kathy Greenwood would be shrinking in terror at the prospect.

"You wanna come back to my place and see my nightstick?" This gives new meaning to the phrase 'pressing charges.'

There is a horrible punster at The National Post. While the article is of no interest per se, the headline is worth the loading of the page.

Hit Me, Baby, One More Time: I don't quite know what to say about this. 'Suffer the little children' does, indeed, seem to be an ironic rallying cry from an industry obsessed with teeny-boppers in undergarments.

Here is a mildly interesting article on the late rock critic Lester Bangs. Bangs was an interesting writer when he wanted to be (his piece on Van Morrison's Astral Weeks is excellent), but --typically-- the author of the Slate article is more interested in Bangs' life than in his criticism. *Sigh* There's a more interesting article on why to write rock criticism here.

I really should stop surfing the net and do something productive. I am *so* procrastinating...

No comments:

Blog Archive