Sorry that it has been a while (a week, in fact) since I bothered to write anything on this blog, and now-- to boot-- it seems, at least on this end of things, that since those last postings this blasted blog is now as misshapen as David Merrick. I blame Leeloo. Why? Just cuz I do. Harrumph. I may have to revamp the template again, a pain-in-the-arse task if ever there is one.
For reasons not quite within my ken, I'm still not much on writing. The various computer-related frustrations of late, combined with a nasty heat streak in Southern Contraryo, seem to have taken the ambition out of me. Certainly any sense of creativity has evaporated for a bit. But the fact remains that I haven't been much into blogging, or writing at all, for the past while, something perhaps just best chalked up to ennui and an extant sense of the pointlessness of the process. That, and I'm in the process of putting together applications for two recently-announced positions, and that tends to exacerbate that sense of futility tinged with boredom. Tinged? Positively laced. Like Jim Jones' Kool Aid. Bleh, bleh, bleh, bleh, bleh.
But there we are, or rather there I am. Will post more when-- well, who knows when. And please, please, no one write in the comments something to the effect of "Jer, what you need is a good woman." If I had a dollar....
UPPITYDATE: It does seem that it was Leeloo's picture that was screwing things up, but I'll be damned if I can figure out why. Put on a percented weighting (i.e., of the screen size), it explodes the page; put on a hard limit (i.e., specific number of pixels), and things are fine. Go figure.
EVEN-UPPITIERDATE: It seems Leeloo has risen to her own diabolical defence. Who me, indeed....
- ► 2007 (209)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Is It Really Possible...
- How Can You Tell There's Not Much To Do In Saskato...
- Mercer, Mercer Me....
- The Pluck Of The Irish
- And Justice For All
- Come Shoot My Windows
- I Have Witnesses
- Scotch On The Rocks
- Plaster of Paris
- The Old Mahon And The Sea
- He Shall Be Released (Exclusively)
- Utterly Cynical and Very Stupid
- Nevermore, Nevermore, Please Sir, Nevermore
- 'Twould Set Your Heart A-Bubblin'
- Shakin' All Over
- Just Your Average Horny Little Devils
- Bowled-Over and Free-Falling
- A Query For My Readers (All Four Of You)
- Tout La Meme Chose
- A School of Guile, A Net Of Deep Deceit
- The Turtle And The Turtleneck
- This Blog Will Mull It Over
- Why Do You Have To Let It Finger...
- Run For The Border
- A Shiver Runs Through Him
- Sausage and Drippings
- The Moustache Before The Beard
- Sack of Woe
- Because It's Crucially Important Information
- Lolling About
- Like I Love Fresca
- So That's How It Felt
- Merely This And Nothing More?
- From Out Of Nowhere
- A Kind Of An Update
- Further Apologies
- In What Way Is This Not Adorable?
- Real Real John
- Bouncing Back
- A Scam Down Under
- Grewal Intentions
- In Case You Were Wondering
- And Seventeen Seconds....
- A Kiss And A Cuddle
- ▼ June (44)
- ► 2004 (1435)