12 July 2004

Five By Five

      For RK, a page full of limericks, most of them not particularly impressive, but a few familiar ones and two worth quoting here:

There once was an old man of Esser,
Whose knowledge grew lesser and lesser,
      It at last grew so small
      He knew nothing at all
And now he's a college professor.
The limerick's callous and crude,
Its morals distressingly lewd;
      It's not worth the reading
      By persons of breeding -
It's designed for us vulgar and rude.

This site, however, is much more complete, and generally the quality of the limericks much better.   Consider:

Two guys at a condom convention
Attracted a lot of attention.
      "Who's dong is the bigger?"
      They argued with vigour;
But still it's a bone of contention.
That should be "whose," but.... And:

"If only you'd show me", I said,
"Just a smidgeon of interest in bed.
      Just a smile? Just a sigh?
      Just a touch on my thigh?
Just a ... Shit, I forgot you were dead."
And then there's this one that may take a second to register:
f vwels n my keybard I've fur;
I've cunted 'em lking fr mre.
      I thught that there ught
      T be mre f that srt
S the must've drpped t the flr.
Enjoy.   And remember, they're limericks.   Don't expect any of the good ones to be clean.  

No comments:

Blog Archive