17 February 2004

Puttering About


Well I'm accustomed to a smoother ride
Or maybe I'm a dog that's lost its bite
I don't expect to be treated like a fool anymore
I don't expect to sleep through the night...
--- Paul Simon, "The Obvious Child"

      The only thing worse than insomnia, my readers, is when *I* have insomnia, which it seems is most of the time. So, here I am, wasting time, mainly because I don't have the intellectual acumen or the physical energy to write real emails-- i.e., things that require thought, focus, and perhaps even (p'shaw!) insight-- I have been surfing the net, looking for things that might amuse my otherwise very cranky nature. Some of the better pieces:

  • God's New Chosen People: This blog's favourite bit: '"Ha. Ha ha," Bashert added. "Shit."'

  • The Newest Windows Virus: Oh, if only...

  • The True Shocker About Mel Gibson's The Passion: Christie will enjoy this one. (Mere Christianity? Sheesh, how obscure is that reference, Doctor J??? C.S. Lewis, anyone?)

  • The Next Wave In Reality TV: Love the last sentence.
  • Valentine's Day Wisdom: A little late, but certainly hilarious. Especially the "compromise" and "the world's greatest girlfriend" bits. See also this.

  • The Great White North Stuff: Those American protectionists strike again!

  • Counting The Days: A vigil for a truly significant event.
  • Clarifying Same-Sex Legislation: Since when has Bill Clinton been a justice in Massachusetts?

  • Yes, it's a sick, sick world. And Doctor J is still wide awake, dammit. Aaaargh.

    No comments:

    Blog Archive