28 July 2003

Thanks but....

Seems my remarks about my birthday have occasioned some kind but nonetheless unnecessary responses from a few people. I appreciate the thoughts, but I continue to think I'll just vanish into thin air that day. Some things are better left ignored, methinks. Yeah, sure, this may be like the kid putting his hands over his eyes and pretending he's invisible, but I'm assured denial can be a very grounding thing. Maybe if I don't acknowledge getting older, I won't. Okay, maybe not, but I can dream, can't I?

And before anyone says anything: I realize this is in complete contradiction to what I say to everyone else about their birthdays. I know, I know, I know.... Do not use my own logic against me! I am impervious to your reason! I can't hear you, I can't hear you!

And Anne-- don't even *THINK* about using this tactic when your 30th comes around. *Sticks tongue out* Neh neh neh neh neh. *Grin*

No comments:

Blog Archive