12 July 2003

On Collage and Theft

This blog is painfully aware that it is itself a kind of collage of material, some of which may still be owned-- although issues of intellectual and creative 'property' are far muddier and murkier than copyrights laws allow, and which things like the internet make far more complicated than was previously assumed. So, to any writers out there that I may quote here: please know I do so usually with merely the intention of exposing your words to a small reading public that may not be aware of your words' existence. In most cases, I offer them approvingly, and I receive no fiscal or otherwise comparable benefit from them; in a way, it's a typical teacher's gesture, directing people toward what I think relevant material.

It's also occurred to me that I should add a general thanks to Dave Barry, whose blog has provided me much enjoyment, and whose links have often found their way onto this site. (Or is it Claire Martin's blog now? ;-) ) So, Mr Barry, if you ever see this pissant little site, know you're thanked, and please don't sue. :-)

My God, writing this seems counter-voyeuristic: it's as if the TV can look back at you and see you watching it....

No comments:

Blog Archive