13 July 2003

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Everything seems to be conspiring to ensure that my life remains that of Sisyphus. For the past bit it has been my infernal computer which insists on making me repair it over and over again. I'm constantly facing the blue screen of death, and then having to reconfigure and reload everything...

Toil and toil up the hill, then roll back down again.

I must have been Jack the Ripper in a past lifetime.

(And no, I'm not just whining, much as it may seem so: everyone who knows me knows that I seem to have some sort of curse hanging over me, as even the simplest things tend to go very, very wrong. I'm starting to wonder if it's part of some sort of cosmic testing of my patience. Can't say I'm entirely succeeding controlling it today; the Doctor has been shouting a sailor's litany of profanities at his computer screen and damning the makers of Windows for the past several hours.)

I'm starting to think that if anything ever works properly or goes right, I'll drop dead of a heart attack brought on by the pure surprise of it all. *shrug*

But I really need something to go right for a change.... At least before I go utterly bonkers.

It won't, of course. It seldom does.

No comments:

Blog Archive