It seems Tucker Carlson is moving to MSNBC-- and thus prompting CNN to cancel Crossfire. I can't believe it. What-- oh what-- will the world do without its mid-afternoon barking spectacle? And what will happen to poor, gentle Bob "The Douchebag of Liberty" Novak, now that he'll have one less show on which to snarl? What will Idiot America-- as opposed to Intelligent America, which watched Crossfire only to get its blood pressure up-- do without his pre-dinner servings of wisdom on a cob (and CIA agents on a stick)? Oh, this is a tragedy! A most lamentable loss! Rhetoric will never be the same again! Please, please, think of the douchebags! Oh, the vinegar! Oh, the water!
(James Carville and Paul Begala-- well, goodness only knows where they can go. Just don't let them come to Canada, please.)
So, let me add this up: Jon Stewart 1, Crossfire 0. If this had happened in time for Christmas (or, better, the election), I just might have come to believe in Sanity Claus after all.
Aside: don't buy the plop from CNN president Joe Klein when he says, "We just determined there was not a role here in the way Tucker wanted his career to go. He wanted to host a prime-time show in which he would put on live guests and have spirited debate. That's not the kind of show CNN is going to be doing." Just wait until they can get some other name brands. And perhaps find a way to make Carlos Watson anything more than the Krusty the Klown version of Bryant Gumbel.
Aside-aside: And can we do something, while we're at it, about the irrevocably obnoxious Wolf Blitzer, the vapid Paula Zahn, and the preening Sanjay Gupta? First, we take Atlanta....
- ► 2007 (209)
- ► 2006 (178)
- It's The Stuff Of Song
- The Great Escape
- Notes Toward Supreme Personal Fictions
- Some Random Time-Killing Observations
- "Mommy Has Dirty Chest Bumps..."
- The Doctor's Absence
- Requiescat In Pace
- Tom on Arnold, or Doctor Kinko Strikes Again...
- Stop The Music!
- So, Is This Hypotaxis Or Parataxis?
- "And, By The Way, Your Kid Is Fat."
- Poetic Justice
- Caught In The Course Hairs
- They Got Bamboozled!
- And The Bad Headline Of The Day Goes To...
- The Chuting Gallery, or I've Grown Accustome...
- Watch Out For The Staples
- Johnny Come Lately
- From The Sublime To The Ridiculous, Vol. 273,429
- I'll Have What He's Having
- Looking For Ahhhhh-nold?
- The Shot Before The Race
- The Last Hurrah
- Lo and Behold!
- Oedipus Had It Easy
- Moaning Becomes Elektra
- GOT MLK?
- Like Rose-Buds Fill'd With Snow
- On Rocinante Once More
- "No Ma'am"
- In Our End Is Our Beginning?
- Some Tissues Of Elevated But Abstract Verbiage
- Cry Me A Fraser
- The Wolff And The Rabat
- To Know A Veil
- On The Rood Again
- The Kwicker Picker-Upper
- ~~The Bomb's Made For Lovin' And You Can Shoot It ...
- Another Reason To Smirk When The Word "Virgin" Is ...
- Deconstructing Harry
- This Great And Intelligent People
- Do No Charm
- "We Are Contemporizing It...."
- The Boxer Rebellion
- Rhetoric Butler
- Google Fails Me.... **sniff**
- The Howdy Dowdy Show
- Barrying The Lede
- Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut
- Situation Hopeless But Atleast Not Serious
- Pimpin' Barbara Bush
- Springtime For Harry, or Eine Kleine Berührun...
- Stanley And The String Theory
- Ross Dross
- A Rare Quasi-Poetic Doodle
- Ten Long Years With The Weight Of Ten Long Winters...
- The Horror, The Horror
- These Kids Today
- She's More Flexible Than You Think
- Another Disappointment For The Ladies
- Timing Is Everything Part 6,786,542
- "A Cute, Cuddly Uterus Doll"
- Paradigms Lost?
- Strictly Ballroom
- How To Make Doctor J Do His Frankenstein Impressio...
- Pitty, Isn't It?
- O Captain, My Faaaaaabulous Captain!
- Karma Bums
- The Old Man From The Sea
- A Poundish Cure?
- Tuckered Out
- The Sisters of Literacy
- Cheeky, Very Cheeky
- Rag Mama Rag
- The Don Of Time
- Dreadful Apathy
- The Diamonds And The Shit
- ▼ January (77)
- ► 2004 (1435)