07 January 2005

The Old Man From The Sea

      Toooooo cuuuuuuute.....:

NAIROBI (Reuters) - A 120-year-old giant tortoise living in a Kenyan sanctuary has become inseparable from a baby hippo rescued by game wardens, officials said on Thursday.

      The year-old hippo calf christened Owen was rescued last month, suffering from dehydration after being separated from his herd in a river that drains into the Indian Ocean.
Absolutely adorable. With thanks to RK for the link.

      And in other quadrupedal news, I've decided to name the adopted one Jenny. If you think I'm going to explain that decision, you're right out of your cotton-pickin' minds. ("Strife," as RK suggested, was cute, but I couldn't bring myself to name her such a thing, especially since she's taken to trying to clean my beard everytime she gets the chance.) I will say there's a convenient coincidence to the name: a jenny is a female donkey, and considering her tendency to scamper about braying at me, it seems appropriate for a goofy companion for a fellow stuffed with sawdust.


Bouncy or coffy, it's all the same at the bottom of the river.... Right, Mzee?

No comments:

Blog Archive