20 January 2005

Tom on Arnold, or
      Doctor Kinko Strikes Again

      Yes, it seems I'm turning into a scanning machine these days, so much of which on Matthew Arnold. There's a reason for this, beyond providing some stuff for RK and his charges: for too many reasons, it's bizarrely difficult to get hold of much of the material by or about Arnold, and it tends to be only in the old books of packrats like me that such stuff can be readily found, university libraries often seeming after a while like plundered villages. (And I only consider myself a minor packrat: my library is surely smaller than the libraries of many I know.) So, here we are, the Not-So-Good Doctor acting as a do-it-yourself Kinko's.   

      Anyway, for those of you interested, here's a short essay on Arnold and Walter Pater -- by Tom Eliot. At least this time, it's short, and scanned in grayscale, so it should be less punishing on the eyes. Here are the pages:

Page 1       Page 2       Page 3

      Again, those of you here from RK's journal that are looking for the other Arnold stuff and would like to skip over my junk, just follow this link right here.

No comments:

Blog Archive