Just show him this. GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!
Number 5, by the way, features a two-to-three page discussion of -- I kid ye not -- The Last Action Hero, which should just about say it all, shouldn't it?
Oh, these studies, all laden with their would-be hip bents, the key buzzwords worn like the latest pieces of haute couture, fashionable but pretentious, and surely quite gaudy.
On the other hand, this-- this is hip, pretty babies.... It might even stop the Monster on his rampage. The key word there, I hasten to add, is "might."
UPDATE: It may be strangulation time again, boys & girls. One of the few things to keep the Doc moderately sane when insomnia strikes and he's facing a long day contiguous to a long night was admiring the eminently alluring Peta Wilson come 6am in reruns of La Femme Nikita. (Still photos tend not to do her justice; she always looks better in motion than in stasis. I choose the word "alluring" very specifically.) Showcase, in its inveterate wisdom, has decided we insomniacs no longer need this oasis, and have so opted to replace the show with-- damn and blast-- Emily of New Moon. Emily of New FREAKIN' Moon. Now if that's not enough to turn a man to homicide, I don't know what is.
UPPERDATE: Need a biography of Shakespeare that's clear, informative, and useful? Well, I wouldn't suggest looking here then. Among the more frustratingly glib statements: "Shakespeare's plays fell into four major categories -- comedy, tragedy, history and The Tempest." Oy. Sounds like something one of my old 3190 students would have written, only less grammatically. (And no-- no one in particular, just generically.) Oy.
- ► 2007 (209)
- ► 2006 (178)
- It's The Stuff Of Song
- The Great Escape
- Notes Toward Supreme Personal Fictions
- Some Random Time-Killing Observations
- "Mommy Has Dirty Chest Bumps..."
- The Doctor's Absence
- Requiescat In Pace
- Tom on Arnold, or Doctor Kinko Strikes Again...
- Stop The Music!
- So, Is This Hypotaxis Or Parataxis?
- "And, By The Way, Your Kid Is Fat."
- Poetic Justice
- Caught In The Course Hairs
- They Got Bamboozled!
- And The Bad Headline Of The Day Goes To...
- The Chuting Gallery, or I've Grown Accustome...
- Watch Out For The Staples
- Johnny Come Lately
- From The Sublime To The Ridiculous, Vol. 273,429
- I'll Have What He's Having
- Looking For Ahhhhh-nold?
- The Shot Before The Race
- The Last Hurrah
- Lo and Behold!
- Oedipus Had It Easy
- Moaning Becomes Elektra
- GOT MLK?
- Like Rose-Buds Fill'd With Snow
- On Rocinante Once More
- "No Ma'am"
- In Our End Is Our Beginning?
- Some Tissues Of Elevated But Abstract Verbiage
- Cry Me A Fraser
- The Wolff And The Rabat
- To Know A Veil
- On The Rood Again
- The Kwicker Picker-Upper
- ~~The Bomb's Made For Lovin' And You Can Shoot It ...
- Another Reason To Smirk When The Word "Virgin" Is ...
- Deconstructing Harry
- This Great And Intelligent People
- Do No Charm
- "We Are Contemporizing It...."
- The Boxer Rebellion
- Rhetoric Butler
- Google Fails Me.... **sniff**
- The Howdy Dowdy Show
- Barrying The Lede
- Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut
- Situation Hopeless But Atleast Not Serious
- Pimpin' Barbara Bush
- Springtime For Harry, or Eine Kleine Berührun...
- Stanley And The String Theory
- Ross Dross
- A Rare Quasi-Poetic Doodle
- Ten Long Years With The Weight Of Ten Long Winters...
- The Horror, The Horror
- These Kids Today
- She's More Flexible Than You Think
- Another Disappointment For The Ladies
- Timing Is Everything Part 6,786,542
- "A Cute, Cuddly Uterus Doll"
- Paradigms Lost?
- Strictly Ballroom
- How To Make Doctor J Do His Frankenstein Impressio...
- Pitty, Isn't It?
- O Captain, My Faaaaaabulous Captain!
- Karma Bums
- The Old Man From The Sea
- A Poundish Cure?
- Tuckered Out
- The Sisters of Literacy
- Cheeky, Very Cheeky
- Rag Mama Rag
- The Don Of Time
- Dreadful Apathy
- The Diamonds And The Shit
- ▼ January (77)
- ► 2004 (1435)