- Jenny, it seems, is here to stay. She has in the five weeks she's been here gained more weight than I have in the past fourteen years. Like all the females that come into the Doc's life, she eats like you wouldn't believe. It has become practice: feed Jenny first, and then while she's eating feed Trouble, and then go get Trouble and put him right in front of the food so he'll eat. Jenny finishes first and watches from a distance until Trouble is done and saunters away. Within a minute, she's up wolfing down what she can of Trouble's food. Don't feel too sorry for Trouble, though. He sneaks her water when she's eating his food.
And the irony of all this: Trouble is the fat one. For now, anyway. That's okay. It seems she's the one with the crush on him. He wisely sloughs it off most of the time. Unless, of course, he wants to terrorize her for his own amusement-- which, of course, amuses me, turn-about being fair-play indeed.
- Imagine two universities within an hour's drive of one another. One claims to be very student-driven while the other is very administration-driven. Guess which one charges $10 for a copy of one's transcript, and makes students sit through bank-like procedures simply to place the order for them, and does not accept cash in payment. Guess which one charges nothing, processes the request with great dispatch despite the alum in question long having forgotten his student number, and allows the alum to order extra copies just to save him having to make unnecessary trips. Now guess which one has alumni that support it, and which one doesn't. Now guess why the Not-So-Good Doctor brandishes this logo in his sidebar: .
- I hate my CV. I just have to say that.
- My beard-- now grown over like a hypothetical garden in a Shakespeare play -- is, for the first time I can recall, turning blonde at the edges. Blonde. White or grey would not surprise me, but blonde?!?!??! As the Farkers would say, "WTF?!?!?" The last time I was blonde, a different actor was Governor of California.
- Weirdest search term ever to bring anyone to this blog: "theories in minimizing chicken odor."
I couldn't have made that up if I had tried. The runner-up? "Dr J's nose drops."
- I still hate my CV.
- Reading this news reconfirmed my gratitude for living in this wonderful, frozen land we call Canuckistan. Well, okay, not all of it, particularly not these paragraphs:
The woman had been watching television with her two young daughters in their family room, a room lit only by a television screen and light from the adjoining kitchen.For a better view. It's always the ones in the cheap seats that are the first to complain. After all, if they had been in the front row, they might have gotten something on them.
The woman moved to another room for a better view, then called her husband. The pair watched Clark for up to 15 minutes from the privacy of their darkened bedroom.
- Blonde. BLONDE. Does this mean I have to start wearing my underwear around my ankles? Wonder if that would improve my CV at all. And RK thought I'd already permanently scarred some of his students.
- I've now wasted enough time on this blog entry that I'm going to have to feel guilty about it. Maybe not. After all, this discovery of my peripheral blondeness suggests that the process of whoring myself may not be quite so far removed from my disposition as I'd first thought. Now I just have to learn the swagger. Dear, dear me.
28 January 2005
Some Random Time-Killing Observations
Just a few loose notes here on some of the minor oddities as the Not-So-Good Doctor procrastinates ever-so-slightly from more pressing tasks at hand:
- ► 2007 (209)
- ► 2006 (178)
- It's The Stuff Of Song
- The Great Escape
- Notes Toward Supreme Personal Fictions
- Some Random Time-Killing Observations
- "Mommy Has Dirty Chest Bumps..."
- The Doctor's Absence
- Requiescat In Pace
- Tom on Arnold, or Doctor Kinko Strikes Again...
- Stop The Music!
- So, Is This Hypotaxis Or Parataxis?
- "And, By The Way, Your Kid Is Fat."
- Poetic Justice
- Caught In The Course Hairs
- They Got Bamboozled!
- And The Bad Headline Of The Day Goes To...
- The Chuting Gallery, or I've Grown Accustome...
- Watch Out For The Staples
- Johnny Come Lately
- From The Sublime To The Ridiculous, Vol. 273,429
- I'll Have What He's Having
- Looking For Ahhhhh-nold?
- The Shot Before The Race
- The Last Hurrah
- Lo and Behold!
- Oedipus Had It Easy
- Moaning Becomes Elektra
- GOT MLK?
- Like Rose-Buds Fill'd With Snow
- On Rocinante Once More
- "No Ma'am"
- In Our End Is Our Beginning?
- Some Tissues Of Elevated But Abstract Verbiage
- Cry Me A Fraser
- The Wolff And The Rabat
- To Know A Veil
- On The Rood Again
- The Kwicker Picker-Upper
- ~~The Bomb's Made For Lovin' And You Can Shoot It ...
- Another Reason To Smirk When The Word "Virgin" Is ...
- Deconstructing Harry
- This Great And Intelligent People
- Do No Charm
- "We Are Contemporizing It...."
- The Boxer Rebellion
- Rhetoric Butler
- Google Fails Me.... **sniff**
- The Howdy Dowdy Show
- Barrying The Lede
- Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut
- Situation Hopeless But Atleast Not Serious
- Pimpin' Barbara Bush
- Springtime For Harry, or Eine Kleine Berührun...
- Stanley And The String Theory
- Ross Dross
- A Rare Quasi-Poetic Doodle
- Ten Long Years With The Weight Of Ten Long Winters...
- The Horror, The Horror
- These Kids Today
- She's More Flexible Than You Think
- Another Disappointment For The Ladies
- Timing Is Everything Part 6,786,542
- "A Cute, Cuddly Uterus Doll"
- Paradigms Lost?
- Strictly Ballroom
- How To Make Doctor J Do His Frankenstein Impressio...
- Pitty, Isn't It?
- O Captain, My Faaaaaabulous Captain!
- Karma Bums
- The Old Man From The Sea
- A Poundish Cure?
- Tuckered Out
- The Sisters of Literacy
- Cheeky, Very Cheeky
- Rag Mama Rag
- The Don Of Time
- Dreadful Apathy
- The Diamonds And The Shit
- ▼ January (77)
- ► 2004 (1435)