13 January 2005

Springtime For Harry, or
     Eine Kleine Berührung Harrys In Der Nacht?

      In one of the first episodes of the UK version of Whose Line Is It, Anyway? (way, way back in 1988), the contestants were asked to come up with the world's worst things to say to a member of the Royal Family. Stephen Fry, not surprisingly, came up with most of the best answers, one of which included the drop-dead funny, "Oh, that reminds me, I have to buy a stamp." Another of his answers came to mind this morning as I read about Prince Harry's little sartorial stupidity: "So, really, you're just bunch of middle-class German folk, aren't you?" More, perhaps, than we'll ever know.

      (As for the MP's suggestion that this should disallow Prince Harry from service at Sandhurst, this blog has to wonder if there wasn't method to Harry's madness; after all, if you wanted to avoid Army service....)

      (With thanks to RK for correcting my very poor German, which I probably haven't used in fifteen years-- the very, very, very little I acquired. Ach du lieber!)

No comments:

Blog Archive