19 January 2005

"And, By The Way, Your Kid Is Fat."

      I'd like to say, "leave it to Texas," but I suspect Ontaryaryaryary-o is only about a year away from this, given the McSquinty government's tendencies. Reading this, the first thing I thought of-- after, of course, the initial "oh my God"-- were those lines of Paul Simon's from Graceland:

Leticia Van De Putte, proposer of this stupidity
She comes back to tell me she's gone
As if I didn't know that
As if I didn't know my own bed
As if I'd never noticed
The way she brushed her hair
From her forehead....
Welcome to The Biggest Loser: Kids' Edition.   As if kids don't have enough insecurities, let's add another one, make it official by putting it in black and white, and plain-out make the poor kids feel like pariahs.   Oh, I'm sure this will help the kids oh so much.   Idiots, idiots, idiots; and obliviously cruel ones at that.

      And, not to be mean (of course...    ), but look at the woman who's pioneering this move: kinda like the pot asking to label the kettle black, isn't it?   And though couching it in the terms of "the best intentions," isn't this also a signal condescension to parents, by which inaction is wiped away as stupefying ignorance? This blog would like nominate this preening Senatorial dunderhead to replace Doris Roberts should they ever decide to do Everybody Still Loves Raymond.  

No comments:

Blog Archive