29 January 2004

A Tad More Cunning Linguistic Play


      In mentioning anagrams earlier, I wound up stumbling on this page from Wordsmith, and thought it worth sharing for those geeks like me that just love playing with words. This blog's favourite: "Mother-in-law" = "Woman Hitler." Pardon me a moment while I roll around on the floor in uncontrollable laughter.

      Considering, by the way, the Not-So-Good-Doctor's postulation on marriage (those of you who know, spell Doc J's name backwards, and you'll understand perfectly), I had to offer this anagram, that "wedding ceremony" becomes "comedy grew in end" and "men cowered, dying." Ahem. Also, "Dying, men cede row." Ah, yes, men, now you know why you're never allowed to win an argument: it's written into the contract. ;-)

      For the ladies: "masculinity" = "It is calumny." Perhaps. ;-)

No comments:

Blog Archive