24 March 2004

Tuesday, Tuesday


      Well, there's only one left, one infernally-long Tuesday to go, one more hash at burning the candle at both ends and seeing if Doctor J survives. By the time I returned home last night (well, this morning...), I had been awake for over 45 straight hours and, suffice it to say, I was nothing less that exhausted. Worst part: after a long, long day, I finally board the bus to return home, and I'm surrounded by self-involved Bramptoids and Missississionaries with their cell-phones ringing constantly, all, of course, set to obnoxious renditions of Fur Elise and Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. This, of course, prevented me from getting even the slightest bit of a nap even on the two-hour ride back. These endless Tuesdays have just been sucking the life right out of me. I'm thirty flurkin' years old, and I can't take this much more. I am bound upon a wheel of fire... I consider it a minor personal victory that I've not succumbed to bus-rage yet, although, to be fair, I did imagine grabbing one person's cell and shoving down said person's throat with the same ferocity that Vincent Price shoves the poodle-pies down Robert Morely's esophagus in Theatre of Blood. Oh, restraint, restraint....

      In another very mild amusement, it seems Google's latest capture of this blog emphasizes something er, perhaps, inappropriate. Okay, I found it funny. Also find it funny that if you Google for William Carlos Williams' poem "You Have Pissed Your Life" you will end up here. Not sure if that's significant or not.... *rolls eyes suspiciously* Yes, it seems I've been getting a lot of hits lately for Williams: there must be a class somewhere doing something...

      Back to real life.

No comments:

Blog Archive