Once again, society is bedeviled by the dangers of eye-rhyme. Bedeviled, we tell you, bedeviled! Will someone PLEASE think of the children!!!
Seriously, if the campaign offends you, it says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about the campaign: specifically, that you're (probably) a self-righteous, ululating prig with nothing better to do with your much too ample time. In other words, you're a card-carrying member of the School of Injurement, and you desperately need to get a motherflicking life.
FOLLOWUP: Reminder from Leonard Cohen: "There are no dirty words-- ever." Except maybe ululate. That word just sounds kinky.
- A Little Zozo Mojo
- It's Offensive To Everyone
- Two Verbal Prose Arrangements
- For Crying Out Loud
- Because Symbolism's For Sissies
- Drowning By Numbers
- Today's Mantra
- Forgetting Us Perfectly
- All Her Pretty Follies Flung Aside
- It's Al In The Game
- A Man Of Good Will
- Somehow, You Can't Imagine The Church of England B...
- All's Well That Ends Fa---
- Some Frye With That
- New Rules
- Reminder of a Literate President
- A Yard Day's Light
- A Mangled Web
- A Comment On Now, And A Memory From Then
- Roughing It On The Bush
- The Very Simple Life
- But In North York, It'd Be Given Tenure
- Because This Blog Doesn't Do Happy Dances
- I'll Have What He's Having, or Melts In You...
- It Also Applies To Jerry Falwell
- Being There
- Okay, Now This Is Genuinely Sad
- The Play's The Thing
- Paging Helen Lovejoy
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2006 (178)
- ► 2005 (380)
- ► 2004 (1435)