I will not rant about Windows, I will not rant about Windows, I will not rant about motherf*cking Windows....
Okay, not just today's. For the past few days I've been engaged in a knock-down-drag-out with that infernal operating system, trying (probably in vain) to get the damned thing to work properly. Again. It's a bit more than an uphill battle; it's more of a St George versus the dragon sorta thing, and so far I'm losing. Several reinstalls later, and key components aren't working, and I've just had to go through the laborious, exasperating process of trying to repair the entire OS from the ground up, and I'm willing to bet that won't work. I swear, if I have to format my hard-drive, I'll probably have to demolish some perfectly innocent appliances in response. Ugh. As Norm Peterson once said of women, Windows: can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts.
Which leads me to think Dante was wrong. He had no idea what the Gates of Hell were really all about.
UPDATE: Four hours later, and still no progress. Every single recommendation from Microtoss and various fora on the net have yielded SQUAT. My glee must be positively palpable.
UPPERDATE: M'kay, that last failure tears it: I'm drinkin' early today. Now where are those perfectly innocent appliances....
DOWNERDATE: Urge to kill rising....
- A Little Zozo Mojo
- It's Offensive To Everyone
- Two Verbal Prose Arrangements
- For Crying Out Loud
- Because Symbolism's For Sissies
- Drowning By Numbers
- Today's Mantra
- Forgetting Us Perfectly
- All Her Pretty Follies Flung Aside
- It's Al In The Game
- A Man Of Good Will
- Somehow, You Can't Imagine The Church of England B...
- All's Well That Ends Fa---
- Some Frye With That
- New Rules
- Reminder of a Literate President
- A Yard Day's Light
- A Mangled Web
- A Comment On Now, And A Memory From Then
- Roughing It On The Bush
- The Very Simple Life
- But In North York, It'd Be Given Tenure
- Because This Blog Doesn't Do Happy Dances
- I'll Have What He's Having, or Melts In You...
- It Also Applies To Jerry Falwell
- Being There
- Okay, Now This Is Genuinely Sad
- The Play's The Thing
- Paging Helen Lovejoy
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2006 (178)
- ► 2005 (380)
- ► 2004 (1435)