08 February 2005

"A Mischievous Streak Is Present In Some"

The Doctor In The Sky With Diamonds      Well, apparently today initiates the Year of The Rooster, which I suspect will be about as propitious for this Ox as any other year.   **shrug**   (Just my motherclucking luck.)   I looooooove that I am supposedly "profoundly convinced of the merits of marriage." Oh, really....      

      Check out, for the record, these predictions from two different books for my so-called fate this year:

  • "If life has been the doldrums over the last few years, take heart. The Rooster Year offers you chances to turn over a new leaf. This may involve a new relationship, a change of job or a major move, and the only proviso is: read the small print carefully. Year Trend: Upwardly Mobile."

  • "It may seem unfair, but for no apparent reason, many of your friends could turn against you. Consequently you are likely to find the Year of the Rooster very difficult, and your career is also likely to suffer as a result."
I'm so glad there's a unanimity of opinion.  

      Note one of the great ironies in all this astrological bafflegab: D.H. Lawrence was a "rooster." Well, if that's what you want to call him. I'm sure he'd have preferred another word.

No comments:

Blog Archive