18 June 2003

Wow, it's been a few days since I updated this blog, and it's possibly the longest gap since I first set the thing up. *Sigh* I just haven't been able to bring myself to bother for the past few days, in part because I've been tossing and turning on ideas for an application for September. This means redoing my cv, designing sample courses, making statements about myself (yuk!) and trying to hock my wares (even yukkier), and so forth. The situation is strange. The positions open are natural ones for me-- and, indeed, for the Shakespeare course there's no one within the University better suited for assuming the task on such short notice. But I am also far from being the departmental darling, so I can imagine there will be some baggage attached to my application. My best hope is that reality-- the work I've actually done, the assessments from the people like RK and DC who know my work-- wins out over myth. If the Department is smart, they'll give me the two CDships so they go out of their hair and at least into the hands of a willing veteran, no muss no fuss. But I know, of course, they will not likely do the easiest thing....

Not much else I can think to report right now, at least not that is of general interest. Will likely post my material on an external site 'advertising Dr. J,' or "Dr J and the Courses.' A plus tard.

No comments:

Blog Archive