06 June 2003

Another day.... Fairly dull. Completed last week's NYTimes Sunday Crossword in an hour or so, which leaves one of my regular challenges complete (and thus no other 'legitimate' distraction for the day). ;-) The puzzle was called "Hot to Trot," which, sadly, is not nearly as provocative as it sounds. In the theme clues, phrases are twisted such that "h" sounds are turned into "tr" sounds and meanings are changed. Some are clever. "White House walkway?" The answer is "Trail To The Chief." Others are less so: "Awed sequoia viewer's cry?" "What a trunk." The cleverest one by far: "DNA researcher?" Answer: "Gene Trackman." LOL. I am becoming dismayed by the quality of the clues and the puzzle construction, though. When the answers include "petcat," "ems," and "elhi," you know the puzzle composers are getting desperate. By the way, my apologies to anyone who actually does the Times, though I'm pretty sure none of the people reading this don't bother with the damned thing.

Spent most of last night thinking about who I am, what I do, how I do the things I do-- mainly in terms of my profession. This is mainly because I was going over my CV. Will likely post some of my musings on this later.

Yawn.... I feel so lazy today.... So unproductive.... Meh.... I feel like a cat lying on the pavement in the summer sun.

No comments:

Blog Archive