09 November 2003

The Doctor Has Been Good


      Yes, he has (for a change). Actually managed to get all caught up on my email and the stuff I had to do for my kids-- and I actually managed to get this blog loaded with some new material! And-- he says hesitantly, aware the utterance could jinx everything-- I've miraculously managed to get my computer to run for an astonishing several hours without crashing. This, of course, required far too much time this morning after a major scare last night which made even accessing my desktop impossible. But-- alas, shock!-- I've managed to get all the shit back inside the horse and even take it out for a ride. Who knew?

      Methinks I'll reward myself with watching The Simpsons and then abscond to the Village for a few pints. Methinks I've earned it. Methinks perhaps I should just admit that I might just as well have gone out even with nothing accomplished, but... Mmmmmm.... beer..... Sweet sacred beer...

      (Actually, the Dr probably shouldn't, as he's had his share of rewards lately: the new Van Morrison CD, alcoholic treats from Zozo and from Mr. Robeis, and the surprise of surprises, a belated birthday gift from George-- a bottle of 12 year old Chivas, and a bottle of 18 year old Wiser's Very Old (thanks!). But just because my cup runneth over doesn't mean I can't reach for another glass.... Corruption, sweet corruption.... But hey, why the hell am I telling any of you this? And where are all those ellipses coming from? And why am I doing all this in parentheses? And what's with all the questions? What's happening to me? *sigh* Swwwweeet sacred beeeeeerrr.... Mmmmm.... D'Oh!)

No comments:

Blog Archive