27 October 2003

The Gates Of Hell


I wonder how it will take for this to become yet another pain in our collective asses. I'll believe the promises of increased security and near-transparent patching when I see them. *rolls eyes*

Notice this, too: "One aspect of Longhorn that developers should like a lot: To work properly, most of the key improvements will require new versions of current applications. Old applications will run, but the experience will only be a slight improvement over Windows XP. If the platform is successful, it should generate substantial application revenue for third parties." Which means we'll all be shelling out all over again for new versions of old programmes that we don't want to tinker with anyway. Pardon me while I mutter to myself a word that rhymes with 'hawk succour.'

No comments:

Blog Archive