05 July 2007

Brother, Can You Spare $218.88?

The Belfast CowboyOh, woe is me....

Once again I’ll have to miss a Van Morrison concert in Toronto, all my trawling for sugar mamas having come to no avail. *pout* His gig at Bluesfest in Ottawa is getting good reviews, though it sounds very much like he’s sticking to his recent setlist of material: Brown-Eyed Girl, Gloria, Days Like This, Have I Told You Lately, Gloria and Moondance; in other words, the moneymakers. Like Dylan, Morrison has a huge canon. He could mix it up a bit, and if I had the funds I’d rather hear some of the old ass-kickers he used to do: a Caravan that veers into James Brown’s Sex Machine; an epic Lonely Avenue that tears through every bloody tune known to man; a staggering And The Healing Has Begun; or even one of those takes on Summertime in England that has wowed just about every lass I’ve ever dated. ;-) (There’s a pale version of the last here.) But ’tis neither here nor there, as I won’t be there tonight. Again. Excuse me while I go and sulk in a corner.

Yeah, and Dylan’s in the neighbourhood, too. Fucksticks....

Footnote: If you’re curious.... And it's raining today, too....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems as if it is raining everywhere... Last time I go somewhere without an umbrella. Which is a really odd word... as if one of the inventors said "what'll we call this thing?" And the other, drunk, said, "ummm.... brella?"

Dr J said...

Problem was, drunk chap was probably ordering a Stella. ;-)

Blog Archive