28 June 2006
(Oops: screwed up with the last link before. It's corrected now. Has to be the first time that this blog messed up the dirty-minded link....)
25 June 2006
23 June 2006
22 June 2006
20 June 2006
This blog's maturity remains, as ever, utterly beyond reproach....
SEMI-RELEVANT UPDATE: Davyth brings to my attention that other tales entailing tails are causing a bit of a to-do. I'll let Graham Greene's gentle Father Quixote respond accordingly: Que le den por el saco al obispo. Or, roughly translated: "Bugger the bishop."
18 June 2006
17 June 2006
16 June 2006
14 June 2006
- Spent a good part of yesterday going through Things Old and Tattered with the notion of divesting myself of some of those items I no longer need-- or have not needed for some time but have not gotten around to chucking. So now there's a small junkheap ready to be dispensed with, including a small tonne of clothes, all of which would probably still fit if I cared enough to check. I hate doing this sort of thing, though. Too many items bring back memories and sensations best left firmly in the past. Yet, there remain some items I don't discard even if I probably should, objects languishing in the same hedgerow. Hedgerow? Would things were ever so ordered. Witness the chaos, after all. Or a small section of it, anyway.
- For some reason, I keep meaning to watch Walk The Line, but at every opportunity I shrink from it and put another disc in the DVD player. Why do I want to watch it and then not want to? Go figure. Perhaps it has something to do with Joaquin Pheonix annoying the bloody hell out of me.
- Apparently I have a (self-proclaimed) groupie again. Go figure.
- For reasons entirely within my ken, I've been listening a lot lately to the ZimmerMan, especially "Tangled Up In Blue," "Jokerman," "Silvio," and the like. (Not, however, "Mr. Tambourine Man," which I could gladly go the rest of my excuse for a life without hearing ever again.) I'm considering adopting "Dignity" as a personal theme-song. I'm also coming to the conclusion that I can no longer abide Neil Young even for a few seconds. Some of us have known the twaddle and the damage done.
- Have been contemplating revamping this blog, and especially moving over to Blogger's comment thingamajig but keep wondering if it'll be worth the bother. I'm so apathetic about starting on any significant changes because they're always more trouble than they're ever worth. Any thoughts?
- All but had my nightcaps comped last night at one of my locals because I gave the bartender a few volumes of short stories (Mavis Gallant's Selected, Ethel Wilson's Mrs Golightly and Alistair McLeod's As Birds Bring Forth The Sun). Mighty kind of her, but it of course had me wishing I could barter books for beer and so establish myself as a kind of millionaire in residence. Would certainly give new meaning to the term "alcohol by volume." Oh, to be lather-bound....
13 June 2006
12 June 2006
10 June 2006
09 June 2006
05 June 2006
BTW, a totally unrelated search on Google led me to this link, which just goes to prove that on the internet, as with greeting cards, there's something for everything. I'm sure some pseudo-scholar could patch together an article of some supposed academic import based on this data....
02 June 2006
Which Famous Modern American Poet Are You?
How bloody predictable but completely wrong....
As for loving everything,--- well, I'll just let each of you do the eye-rolling for me.
For the record, this blog would like to note these words from the letters of Emily Dickinson: "I find ecstasy in living--the mere sense of living is joy enough." Oh, that Emily....
- ► 2007 (209)
- Death, Where Is Thy....
- Read Their Moist And Pouty Lips
- Sunday, Silly Sunday
- Sublime Austerities and Same Old Songs
- But Will The Spanish Bishops Approve?
- Wild Orchid
- The Miller's Tail
- Neutral Tones
- Reelin' and Rockin'
- Toward the Last Spike
- Finnegan Begin Again
- On Bruce's Void and Forehead
- Tossing and Turning
- Juicy Tales
- Give Him A Head With Hair, Long, Pitiful Hair
- Winky and the Brain (Brain, Brain, Brain...)
- The Kid Stays Out Of The Picture
- Sibylla Ti Theleis?
- Worms, Worms, Worms
- Losing It At The Movies
- Torn From Insipid Summer
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2005 (380)
- ► 2004 (1435)