22 May 2006

The Fan Who Would Be King

     And suddenly everything makes sense:  they're all the better to hear him with....
 
     Alas, the Doc hasn't been able to partake in any of the Leonard-come-Lazarus festivities of late.  (They happen every dozen years or so, and I caught the 1993 edition.)  In other words, I still haven't picked up The Book of Longing yet, nor have I followed the various publicity stunts like the pending Mel Gibson-produced tribute film, the new album by Lenny's current paramour, or the free concert in Toronto a week or so ago.  Does this make me a slipping scholar?  Nary and natch, I've been slippin' and slidin' so long, I should be a Little Richard song by now....
 
     Briefly, in general news:  Things have been loopy and lopey lately (say that ten times fast), with so many minor things always seeming in the do but nothing major that might warrant mention here.  Three weeks afterward, I'm still receiving emails from my former charges about their papers and exams, many of whom evidently cannot be bothered to check the blog I made for that course (which I apparently did just for the good of my own health).  Also had to make a short "thing" last week which I feel I muffed badly, as if in further proof that I should stop letting myself get roped, however much an honour it may be, into making remarks at gatherings; I keep meaning to say far more than I actually do, and far less eloquently that I originally hope.  Oh well.  Still waiting on a whole bunch of supposed "possibilities" on the future-front, which recent experience suggests I should bank on as much as I should the possibility of the Maple Leafs winning the World Series.  (Hey, it's more likely than them winning the Stanley.)  Anything else new?  Hmmm.  Nope.  So I'll shut up and let everyone go off and start celebrating the Definitely-Not-A-Virgin Queen by drinking themselves into oblivion-- at least until the fireworks start. 
 

No comments: