30 October 2005

Waiting For Godet

      Sorry, folks, not much of an update here, as I have too much to do in the way of preparing for this week's classes, but I found this quiz and had to post it here.   My result is only partially surprising.

What Religion Do You Fit In With?

You fit in with:
Agnosticism


Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Agnostic. You are fairly ambivalent towards any religion or spiritual connection. You lead a very busy life and find that religion and spirituality are unnecessary to your life.

0% scientific.
20% reason-oriented.


A bit ironic I should find this after last week, when I was prompted to describe myself not as Agnostic but as an Ennuist. Boredom, the PoMo logos: In the beginning was the Meh (Jer 1:1).   Ah, enlightenment, don't know what it is....

      POST-SCRIPT:   I'm rather distubringly reminded that there was a time when some people-- buckle up your seat belts, people, hilarious turbulence is coming-- regularly described me as a mystic.   Yes, a mystic.   Oy vey.   Ah, the shame, the humiliation.   I was so much dumber then, I'm smarter than that now....

No comments: