12 December 2003

Hip To Be Square


What kind of postmodernist are you!?
brought to you by Quizilla
not postmodern
Whether you harbor some vestige of modernist
morality or simply fail to see the irony in
Reality TV, one thing is clear. You are just
Not Postmodern.


      To which this blog writes: thank God. *whew* There was a time many, many moons ago when I thought postmodernity had something to it (though, I have to admit, it was always in the sense of appreciating the ludicrous and the nonsensical), but I outgrew it pretty quickly. Postmodernism tends toward juvenile and blathersome pretensions of chic intellectual fetishism (see too my previous post ranting against contemporary jargon). But, this blog assures, I do appreciate-- er, understand-- the irony of "Reality TV." Doctor J should also add that someone recently called him 'the mini Rupert,' which still causes incredulous head-shaking. By the way, should you do the quiz, be sure to check out all the possible results-- quite funny. Doctor J will now wear his unpostmodernism as a badge of honour. I am the counter-Foucauldian!

Sometimes, it is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

No comments:

Blog Archive